“What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!” – Sculptor’s Attitude
Every day I awaken to is filled with awe and wonderment. Wow! God has blessed me with another day of hope and opportunity. What I do with this blessing is up to me. I have many choices and I would like to offer some suggestions to those of you seeking to get off on a better footing than you currently are. As a Rabbi and Spiritual Counselor, I personally use these and offer them to my clients to use as well.
- You have the power to make it a great day. Tell yourself that over and over when doubt creeps in.
- Perform a random, unexpected act of kindness with no expectation of anything in return.
- Get rid of something you have been procrastinating over. Free yourself from this weight on your back.
- Take five minutes to reflect on all that is good in your life. Make a gratitude list.
- Do something you have never done before. Try a new good, see a new movie, wear a new color, and listen to a new type of music.
- Make “I love you” phone calls to those you love; 30 second pops of love.
- Smile at everyone you see. You will change their lives.
- Invest in your future with no return today.
- Approach problems with solutions and faith rather than doom and gloom.
- Teach yourself something new and apply it in your life.
- Always know that God loves you and that you are lovable.
Try these and others and let me know how you do. Today belongs to you. Make the most of it!!
Hugs and Blessings,
- Posted in: Uncategorized ♦ balance ♦ blessings ♦ God ♦ gratitude ♦ happiness ♦ healing ♦ health ♦ Journey ♦ joy ♦ laughing ♦ laughter ♦ letting go ♦ life ♦ life cycles ♦ light ♦ living ♦ love ♦ peace ♦ positive ♦ rabbi mitch ♦ self esteem ♦ serenity ♦ South Florida Rabbi ♦ spiritual ♦ spiritual counselor ♦ spirituality ♦ strength